This article provides you with information regarding blog categories and tags.
Why is it important to add categories and tags ?
- Keep your posts organized
- Help your visitors find content when they search
What’s the difference between categories and tags?
- A category allows you to group similar blog posts together. For example, if you are writing a travel blog, you could use the word ‘America’ as a category. Any other posts you write related to America can then be grouped under the same category
- A tag makes a blog post easier to find and provides more information on the content of your posts. Tag words that your site visitors might use when searching. For example, someone searching for information on visiting America might search for ‘America’, ‘USA’, ‘Travelling America’. A blog post can have any number of tags but only one category
Adding a Category
Step 1 – Login to Website Builder
- Please see our guide here on how to login to Website Builder from your Customer Zone.
Step 2 – Click on Login again on the start page.
Step 3 – Click on Blog
Step 4 – Add a category
- On any post click on the drop-down menu under the Category field
- Select Add New…
- Type in your chosen category name and click the tick to confirm
INFO: There is no limit to the number of categories you can add, but each blog post can only have one category
Adding a Tag
Step 5 – Add a Tag
- In the Tag field, type the name of your chosen tag
- Hit Enter on your keyboard
- Click on the X icon to remove a tag at any time