This article provides you with steps to recover your lost password to your admin dashboard on WordPress.
Reset WordPress Admin Password (with access to your email)
The best way to reset WordPress admin password is via the standard login page. This assumes you have access to your email.
Step 1 – Browse toy your WordPress login page.
- Click on “Lost your Password?”
Step 2 – Enter your username or email address of your WordPress administrator account
- Click on “Get New Password” and you will receive a link to create a new password via email.
Reset WordPress Admin Password (phpMyAdmin)
Step 1– Login to cPanel
- Please see our article on logging into cPanel here.
Step 2 – Click on phpMyAdmin under the Databases section
Step 3 – Click on the relevant database and go to wp_users table
- Click Edit next the admin account you want to reset the password for.
Step 4 – Update password
- Update the password in the user_pass field
- Set the encryption to MD5
- Click Go
You have now successfully changed your password!