This guide provides you with steps to move your WordPress installation to the root folder should you have installed in a sub like folder /wp by accident
Step 1– Login to WordPress Admin.
- The admin panel for your WordPress is normally your domain /wp-admin
Step 2- Go to Settings > General and update your WordPress URL’s
- Be sure to remove the trailing /
- Click Save Changes.
Step 3 – Go to the sub folder via File Manager and move the files to the root folder.
- Click the /wp directory containing the WordPress abs select all the files in the folder.
- Click the Move File icon.
- In the Move dialog box, remove the /wp so the path you are moving to is /public_html or Addon domain folder
- Click Move Files.
That’s it ! You’ve moved your WordPress to the root folder.
INFO: If you experience any issues with your WordPress links please install Velvet Blues Update URLs plugin.
TIP: Please see more articles regarding WordPress here.